Sunday, March 16, 2008

"Lying on Your Resume" Article

After reading this article, I am blown away that so many people actually lie on their resumes. The article said somewhere around 50% of people lie when writing a resume. I was really blown away with the story about Mary at the beginning of the article. She got fired from her job for saying that she had a master's degree. Mary obviously did not think the scenario out very well. It seems to me that it would be fairly easy for a company to find out what your degrees are in and if you have actually received these degrees. I do not understand the reasoning behind someone wanting to lie about their academics, work experience, etc. I grew up in a home where lying was not the right way to reach goals. I feel that by people lying on resumes, the qualified people for the job are actually the ones that suffer from the bad decisions of the people lying. This is not fair! I do hope that employers start cracking down on people that lie on resumes. I feel that people should not only lose their job for this type of dishonesty, but that there should also be legal action taken for certain situations.

No comments: