Saturday, January 12, 2008

Introduction

Hey Guys! My name is Amber. I am a junior studying Elementary Education here at Clemson. I was born and raised in Fort Mill, SC. It is a small town outside of Charlotte, NC. Most people think I am from somewhere else due to my thick, southern accent. I hope to one day go back and teach where I grew up. Fort Mill is a great place to grow up with its location being so close to the North Carolina border.

I am an only child so I am very close with my parents. I have a Dachsund named Abbey. She is the sweetest dog and has become the baby ever since I left for college. During my free time I enjoy working at Clemson Elementary's After School Program. This job has great hours and works nicely with my course schedule. I could not ask for a better group of people to work with. Hopefully being a part of this program will help me gain experience for my future career in teaching. I have already learned a lot from the students there and probably will continue to learn more. Besides working, I enjoy cooking, shopping, working out, and hanging out with friends and family.

I am looking forward to this semester. I am beginning to take more Education classes, so most of my day is held in Tillman. Although, we have only been in school a few days, my classes look very interesting. It looks as if I am going to have a semester full of group projects. I always enjoy group projects if people pull their weight! I am pretty organized and love meeting new people!

No comments: