Sunday, April 27, 2008

Advice For Students Next Semester

I really enjoyed Angie's Business Writing Class. She taught us so much about business writing and I am sure I will use this information once entering the teaching profession. In this course, we learned how to write resumes, write different types of letters, and how to do a client based project. The client based project is the biggest assignment you will have in the class. For this project, I recommend getting a good group that you think you could work with well to accomplish the tasks. If you get a group that cares about the project, then it makes the semester much easier. I had a good group! I recommend that you and your group work very hard on the proposal for your second portfolio! If you do this, then you will just have to make small corrections to the proposal to put in portfolio 3. When all of your other classes will be getting crazy, this class will be almost completed.

I advise you to do all of your assignment, including your blogs. These are simple grades, but you must do them in order to get credit. You should not be lazy when it comes to these types of assignments, because you want all the daily grade credit you can get. The blogs are usually on topics covered in class and Angie just wants you to write a small refection on the information. If you have listened in lecture or have read the powerpoints, you should do great at blogging.

Angie is a great person and I am sure you will enjoy her as an instructor. She makes class very interesting and has some great tips to prepare you for entering the business world. I hope you will enjoy this course as much as our Business Writing class did!

No comments: